Thursday, September 29, 2005

Kung Fu Hustle (2004)


This is my new favorite movie. I faintly remember seeing the preview when it was going into the theater and thought it looked similar to "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist" (2002). Boy was I wrong. Although it is a Kung Fu type movie, it tells a much better story.

The basic plot revolves around an unsuccessful street thug that gets caught between the powerful Ax Gang and a poor villiage that stands up to them. I really get a kick out of the wacky humor mixed in with some awesome fighting scenes.

Unfortunately, the dialog is in Chinese but has both an over dub and subtitles. Even with the over dub the sound effects and music are some of the best I've ever heard. Make sure you have your 5.1 surround cranked up. Check out Kung Fu Hustle and let me know what you think.

4 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment