Monday, September 25, 2006

Finding Forester (2000)


My friend Ryan told me to rent this time after time. After reading the back of the box I thought this would be another version of "Dangerous Minds" where the dedicated teacher finds a way to school inner city underprivileged youth. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Sean Connery plays the eccentric old guy while Rob Brown hits a home run on his first performance ever. By the end of the film I was wondering, who really helped who? Find yourself a copy of this great film.

4 stars out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:41 PM

    Brian,

    Hey, been a long time since some comments came huh?

    Anyway, just watched this in one of my classes (for absolutely no reason!). I rememembered you reviewing this way back when, so I thought I'd return to post a comment.

    You were right though, I is better than you would expect from just hearing about it.

    Looking forward to the next review. I bought Nick a book about critiquing film for Christmas, but he's been too lazy to add one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the reason you watched this in class because your teacher was "under the weather"? Sounds like a good way to deal with a hangover to me.

    ReplyDelete