Monday, April 02, 2007

American Psycho (2000)


Patrick Bateman is a self absorbed, obsessive, well...American Psycho. Christian Bale excels at this role and makes Patrick an iconic character. I am not sure what is more terrifying, his obsession with the way he looks, his insane critiques on music of the 1980s or the brutal way he commits his crimes. This film is certainly not for everyone because of the violent themes but I think it is genius and at times laugh out loud hilarious. I'm honestly a little worried that I enjoy it too much. Am I alone, please drop me a comment on your thoughts of this movie?

4.5 stars out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    I really want to see this!!!

    I had this in my Netflix queue a few months back and when it came in the mail, the disc was cracked right down the middle. I was extremely pissed... hopefully I get around to watching it soon.

    Sorry, I haven't gotten around to writing lately... been very busy with school. But my spring break is this week so I hope I'll get one up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely don't want to watch this with your Mom around especially if you get the unrated version. Specifically one scene which ties in with my upcomming review of This Film Is Not Yet Rated.

    Here is a Netflix tip, you can report the disc as damaged right away and they will send you out another disc immediately and it doesn't cost against your limit.

    ReplyDelete