Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hard Candy (2005)


Hayley (Ellen Page) is your typical 14 year old girl. She likes hanging out with friends and playing on the Internet. One day she meets Jeff, a 32 year old photographer, online and they decide to meet up. Is this the biggest mistake of Hayley's life?

I loved this film and would recommend it to anyone that likes a small independent movie. Ellen Page is outstanding, keep an eye on her in the future. I don't want to say anything else for fear of spoiling it.

4 stars out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Brian,

    Excellent choice!!! I rented this a few months back and thought it was great. Seriously twisted and hard to watch... but I tend to like those. At one point I was rooting for the bad guy (I'm sure you know which part that was - yikes!). Good movie, and I thought that the actress was excellent. She had some real powerful scenes.

    Glad you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad had this disc on his coffee table and the only thing I knew about it was the title. I was blown away by it and never saw any of it coming--creepy, creepy, creepy. Nick should take our word for it and rent it right away.

    ReplyDelete