Monday, March 30, 2009

Team America: World Police (2004)


Three words on this one, America Fuck Yah! So begins my three part series on Trey Parker and Matt Stone (aka the South Park guys).

If you haven't seen this movie by now, then you probably won't--that's fine. If you have only watched it once, I recommend you watch it again. I can guarentee you'll like it better the second and third time. It just starts growing on you until you find yourself standing in front of a urinal singing, "I'm ronry, so ronry...".

Trey and Matt's original idea was to remake Armageddon shot for shot which they already thought was funny (Nick and I agree) but with low tech puppets. Due to legal problems with the studio that owns the film, they gave up on the idea. Holding on to the puppet idea, they decided to do a Thunderbird'ish action movie. By the end they agreed they would 1) never work with puppets again 2) never do an action movie. I'm glad they persevered through this one.

"Great job, team. Head back to base for debriefing and cocktails." - Spottswoode

3.5 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment