Thursday, November 17, 2005

Layer Cake (2004)


I really enjoyed this British film about burglary, arms running, and organized crime but there are a couple of things you need to know going in.

1) When I say British, I mean hard core tea drinking wankers who blast out the cheery-ohs like Austin Powers on speed. Basically, I spent the first 15 minutes only understanding the word fuck which for some reason always comes out in slow motion. Eventually, I got used to the cheeky sound--shine yor shooz guv'nah?

2) Get out your pencils and paper because the plot thickens and then multiplies like gremlins in a swiming pool. I kinda pride myself on being able to keep up with most plots but I gave up on this one. Honestly, I need to go back and catch it again which isn't a bad thing.

3 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment